Hi Everyone!! The information below is what I send out when someone inquires about Young Living’s essential oils, but thought it would be helpful to everyone to have it posted somewhere. :) For a short time, the Everyday Oils kit (part of the Premium Starter kit) is a little different. Purification and Frankincense are running low (gotta grow some more plants!) so they have replaced those with DiGize and Sacred Frankincense. It’s an upgrade at no cost to you! Read more about DiGize here and Sacred Frank here and here. I haven’t used Sacred Frank yet, but can attest for the awesome power of DiGize. It will make a stomach ache disappear in minutes. It’s a MUST have oil! :)
Click each heading for more info on that amazing oil.
The first oil we had to replace was Thieves. It’s our favorite to rub on the bottoms of our feet. It’s considered a HOT oil, which means it can burn or irritate your skin. Be sure to always use a carrier oil and use EXTRA for kids.
- Thieves helps build immunity. I bought some empty, glass roll on bottles and put olive oil and thieves in one. Bryan can rub it on the bottoms of his feet all by himself. :) This oil is great to use before you go into large crowds, germy play grounds, or when someone else in your home is sick.
- This is a great oil to diffuse to kill germs and can also be taken internally for building your immune system.
- If you feel a sore throat coming on you can gurgle 2-3 drops of thieves in a little bit of water. It burns, but will kill that sore throat.
- Thieves helps fight the flu, colds, viruses, and strep throat.
- Thieves can also be used as a household cleaner, toothpaste, or mouthwash. It will be one of your favorites!
- We’ve rubbed this on our necks when we’ve had sore throats.
- Ear Aches/Infections-Rub all along the outside of ear and down your neck.
- Purification can also be diffused to kill airborne bacteria.
- I have applied it “neat” on my acne and the bumps heal in 2-3 days. Pretty amazing!
- It’s a great bug repellant and helps bug bites to heal quickly and not itch.
- One of my favorite uses is in my laundry. It helps take out any odors or bacteria in stinky clothes…especially those I might forget overnight. ;)
- My favorite oil! It’s considered a hot oil, but I love rubbing 1 drop “neat” on my temples when I have a headache. Takes it away in minutes. I also had a sinus infection and rubbed it on my sinuses. It tingles, but gives a cool feeling and really opens up your nose.
- Peppermint is also a fever reducer. We’ve treated a couple of Bryan’s recent viruses with ZERO advil! Only peppermint on the bottoms of his feet.
- Nausea and tummy aches. Rub 1-2 drops in the palm of your hand and breathe deep. (that technique also works great when you have sinus trouble or a headache.) Rub directly on your stomach for gas, constipation, indigestion, etc. It can also be taken internally.
- Ladies, do your men snore?! Rub a drop under each of his big toes and behind his ears. Then let me know if it worked!
- Valor is also awesome for back pain. It’s said to be a Chiropractor in a bottle. There are testimonials of people rubbing Valor on their feet and can immediately feel relief in their spine. Amazing!
- Great for sleep.
- Also great for fighting depression. Valor is one of my favorite smells.
- Panaway is like a natural ben-gay. It has wintergreen in it and smells sooo good! Think of it as Pain Away.
- It’s great for sore muscles, stiffness, bruises, headaches, and back pain. Panaway and Valor combined are supposed to be great for back/neck pain. You can also rub peppermint and Panaway on your temples for headaches…especially if peppermint doesn’t knock it out.
It’s the jack of all trades! Sleep, stress, burns, inflammation, fever, etc. We’ve used it for sunburns, burns, bruises, sleep problems, allergies, etc. You’ll love it. 1 drop under your tongue when fighting allergies works wonders. Diffuse with Valor for a great night’s sleep. Diffuse with lemon and peppermint to fight allergies. I could go on and on about Lavender. I keep a bottle on my stove for burns.
When you think about Frankincense, think about skin. Any skin related issues can be treated with Frankincense. Look on Pinterest or Google for some awesome skin care using Frank. Sun spots, wrinkles, scars, warts, etc. We have personally used Frank for croup. 1 drop Frankincense and 1 drop lemon rubbed on the neck/chest and Bryan’s croup strider was GONE! It’s great for coughs too. I feel like Frankincense is good for everything.
- Besides smelling great, it is the oil that helps relax hyper children…or adults. We have used this oil to help us sleep. Great to diffuse because it smells so good and will help everyone relax a little.
- It’s also good for anxiety and stress
- Can be used on chests for persistent coughs
Another good smelling EO!
- Use for stress, sadness, or grief.
- Another use for Joy is to treat poison ivy. Takes the itch out and helps to soothe the rash.
- Awesome as a perfume
- Depression recipe: Drop Joy over your heart, Valor on your wrists, and Frank on the back of your neck.
We LOVE lemon! Bryan wants me to rub it on him because it smells like gobstobber candy, according to him. :)
- I’ve used lemon as a fever reducer on Betsy’s feet.
- It’s great to use for thinning mucus and coughs too.
- You can drink a drop or 2 in your water to alkalinize your PH levels. If you are going to drink lemon (or any citrus essential oil), make sure you use a GLASS cup. The lemon oil is sooo strong that it eats plastic. The last thing you want to do is drink plastic chemicals. However, it will help rid your body of toxins, so that’s a major plus!!!
- Helps fight allergies
Your kit comes with a roller fitment. I attached mine to the stress away so I can just roll it on my neck whenever I’m feeling edgy. Haha! It’s great for headaches, muscle tension, and relaxation.
*There are SO many uses and ways to use these awesome oils God has given us through plants. We all have different things we’d like to use them for and the best way to find out what works best with your body chemistry is to just use them. Try different combinations and apply in different places.
Want to join me on my essential oil journey? Email me at email@example.com or leave a comment. Can’t wait to chat with you. :)
Disclaimer: These statements and any information contained on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is intended for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for medical care or to prescribe treatment for any specific health condition. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.